Dear Care for Crash Victims Community Members:
Republican Trump’s “Deregulation” Teams
WASHINGTON — President Trump entered office pledging to cut red tape, and within weeks, he ordered his administration to assemble teams to aggressively scale back government regulations.But the effort — a signature theme in Mr. Trump’s populist campaign for the White House — is being conducted in large part out of public view and often by political appointees with deep industry ties and potential conflicts.Most government agencies have declined to disclose information about their deregulation teams. But The New York Times and ProPublica identified 71 appointees, including 28 with potential conflicts, through interviews, public records and documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.
The Washington Post publishes an article on how the FBI evaluates people for U.S. security clearances.A former FBI official tells us how they measure people seeking positions of public trust. Carla F. Bad is an acronym the FBI uses to remember the characteristics they examine: Character, Associates, Reputation, Loyalty, Ability, Finances, Bias, Alcohol, and Drugs.
Imagine if we the people examined our public officials for their trustworthiness in our governance using the same measures.
How do prospective officials measure up?
- Character: admirable or questionable?
- Associates: people like us or billionaires and mobsters?
- Reputation: protecting people or profits?
- Loyalty: to people or corporate interests?
- Ability: to govern or exploit?
- Finances: transparent or hidden?
- Biases: fairness or discriminatory?
- Alcohol: use or abuse?
- Drugs: legal or illegal?
How these questions are asked and answered are matters of life or death importance to America’s future safety and happiness.
Will we have:
- Truth or Lies?
- More Greed or More Good?
- Equality or More Inequality?
- Health care or Wealth care?
- Climate care or corporate care?
- Better education or more ignorance?
- Safer America or an Unsafer America?
- Democracy or Oligarchy?
- Justice or more injustice?
- War or Peace?
There are trustworthy people and organizations working to help us all:
- Public Citizen See https://www.citizen.org/
- Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety See http://saferoads.org/
- Center for Auto Safety See http://www.autosafety.org/
- Legal Reader See http://www.legalreader.com/
- Center for Teaching Peace See https://www.ncronline.org/news/justice/colman-mccarthy-makes-sure-students-learn-peace